Saturday, January 3, 2015

3/365

Today Olivia and I had a mother/daughter day!  I had made and given her a small sewing kit for Christmas and told her I was going to teach her how to hand-sew.  For a few days she kept telling me she didn't want to learn how, but it turns out she was just afraid of the needle.  Once we got past that we were good to go!  We spent no less than 5 hours today learning how to sew and making 3 new outfits for her barbie dolls:
She did great threading the needle and she loved being able to make stuff for her dolls to wear! 
After that we made cookies.  We started with a flourless recipe for Peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookies that I found online.  The first batch we followed the recipe fairly closely.  The second batch we did our own thing - it was Olivia's idea to drizzle them with chocolate and candies and such.  They turned out SO GOOD!


No comments:

Post a Comment